Winters particularly can be harsh on the hair; warm water strips the hair of all its moisture and makes it dry and brittle. Let us look at some quick hacks which we can use to bring back the luster in our hair:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of shampoo, castor oil, glycerine, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Apply the pack on wet hair and scalp. Leave it on for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Take 1 banana, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Grind all three together to make a thick paste. Now apply it on the length of your hair and scalp. Keep it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Oil your hair and scalp regularly since winters tend to dry your scalp and hair. Use hot organic castor oil along with 2 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils each and massage into the roots of your hair for better nourishment. Cover your hair with a hot towel to let the oil soak in.
- Hair fall becomes one of the scariest things during winters, where ever you look you will see strands of your hair and that adds to our already stressful lives. But I have a remedy that can increase your hair growth, the simple solution is rice water. The amino acids and vitamins C, B & E helps in strengthening the hair shaft and makes it stronger. Rinse the rice properly with water first. Then, place the rice into a glass bowl filled with water and soak for two days. This will trigger the natural fermentation process of rice. After two days, strain the rice and store it in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
- To deal with dandruff, keep your hair clean. Wash your hair and scalp frequently; it could be daily or every other day depending upon how stubborn the dandruff is. Soak two spoonfuls of fenugreek (methi) seeds in water overnight. In the morning, make a paste of the seeds and add a squeeze of lemon juice and apply on the head. Leave it on for half an hour. Then wash the hair with soapnut (reetha) or Shikakai and water. You may use an herbal shampoo instead to wash your hair. Do this routine twice a week.
- Coconut milk is the healthiest natural ingredient for healthy hair. The remedy you should try, mix freshly extracted coconut milk with a squeezed lemon and 4-5 drops of lavender essential oils. Leave it on for 4-5 hours and then rinse it off.