There can be numerous gifts with which people can show their affection, but the thought behind gifting always matters the most. Gifting should have a thoughtfulness which could be cherished by your friends and family forever. In sustainable gifting, we can consider gifts which use less of the resources, are natural and biodegradable also. Or we can also use something which is upcycled so as to cause less harm to the environment in every possible way. Sustainable gifts help our environment so that minimum waste would be produced. In this way, we can embrace our Mother Earth. This makes us be in a state of great belief and values.
Let us talk about some ideas which you can opt for while gifting anyone
1. Growable Gifts: Plants and flowers are the most beautiful creation of nature. They instantly blow one’s mind and set them in a completely different and calm mood. Plants, along with being beautiful and calming, are affordable also. So, gifting a potted plant is really a nice option for every occasion. While choosing a plant to give, choose one in a beautiful and attractive pot so that can be used for home embellishment.
2. Reusable Coffee Mugs: In the recent past, coffee culture and its addiction has taken up new roots also in India. Traditionally, coffee cups were made of paper and they were of one-time use. They used to be plastic laminated and also had a plastic lid. Hence, they couldn’t be composted. So, switching to reusable coffee cups can be a great way to reduce plastic waste every single day. There are reusable cups available in steel, ceramic, or tempered glass. All these materials are recyclable, so they don’t contribute to waste production.
3. Crockery as a Gift: For a person who is culinary minded and loves crockery, it would be a great gift. A tea set, fruit or food basket, serving ware or trays would be a perfect fit for such people. Such gifts would be considered special because it will show that you know their relish. It will also indicate that you’ve put efforts in selecting a gift for them.
4. Handmade Gifts: If you are good enough in crafting and you know how to utilize raw materials into something beautiful, then handmade gifts are a perfect option. Such handmade gifts can be made with inexpensive raw materials or also by recycling anything you find suitable for the same.
Among handmade gifts, you can go for jute bags, handmade jewellery, handmade cards etc.
5. Aromatherapy Candles: Another way of gifting sustainably is by impregnating the home of your loved ones with soothing aroma. The aromatherapy candles are non-harmful for the environment and fill the aura with joy. They are vegan and have a longer burning time.
So in this festive season, show your affection to people by gifting them with sustainable and thoughtful options. Along with gifting something that they would be actually using, you can protect our environment too. So, give it a thought and ensure that your gifts are sustainable and usable.